I just uploaded a new version of my map plugin for WordPress. It has been almost a year since the last update and there was a lot of feature requests queuing up. Here are the changes for version 1.5:
- Added clickable markers – all markers with urls are now clickable
- Added option to choose mapmode (roadmap/satellite/hybrid etc)
- Added check for dates before showing arriving column
- Added option to set custom date format for lists (blog setting format is default)
- Added negative numbers to first/last to make it easier to show the N:th latest destinations
- Added option to reverse order for list and map
- Added option to turn off numbers on the markers
- Added ssl setting for map pages
- Added editable versions of marker files for people who whant to change them
- Refactored to static class structure and added better documentation
- Fixed “disappearing map controls”-bug
- Fixed datepicker bug on new rows
- Fixed uninstall error
- Fixed lat/lng rounding
- Updated included libraries
This version consists mostly of code rewrites, bugfixes and added configuration options. The next version will probably be a “under the hood” update, mainly changing the storage and data transfer formats in preparation for larger changes later.
The bigger features I have planed for the future are:
- a way to show maps in Facebook
- a sidebar widget to automatically show your current location along with current weather and time
- some way to add posts to a map by adding a location name, but maybe this would work best as a separate plugin
If you have other suggestions, please add them to the Travelmap forum at Uservoice.
Since comments on the plugin pretty much has taken over the blog and it’s getting difficult to keep track of all suggestions and questions in the comments, I have started a forum for Travelmap at Uservoice. Questions asked there will receive much faster replies.
For people interested in making your own modifications or improvements to the code or just follow the progress there is now a public Trevelmap repo at GitHub.